Procedure for Registration of death in Kuwait of an Indian national in the Embassy and steps to be taken for transportation of the mortal remains to India
- Contact Consular Section (Tel: 22530600 ext. 271 / 244) with a copy each of the (a) Passport of the deceased, (b) Death Report issued by the hospital authorities and (c) Civil Identity Card of the person intimating the death to the Embassy.
- The Embassy will issue an authority letter in favour of the informer, for collection of death certificate, passport, police report etc., for local authorities.
- In case of police case, to approach police station to collect clearance from the police authorities.
- To approach death and birth registration office of the area in which the deceased died, for obtaining the death certificate.
- To approach death and birth registration office, Maidan Hawalli behind Police Station, either for collecting the death certificate or endorsing the death certificate issued by death and birth registration office of other govern ate.
- Death certificate issued by birth and death registration office and endorsed by Main office of birth and death registration office (Maidan Hawalli), is required to be attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Consular Section, located at Shuwaikh, next to Kuwait News Agency Building.
- The death certificate issued by birth and death registration office is required to be translated into English by any authorized translator in Kuwait.
- Death registration in the Embassy of India, Kuwait. - for registration of death the following documents are required:
(a) Passport of the deceased with 2 copies
To approach any airlines and obtain airway / ticket bill with confirmed date and time. If you wish to send by Air India/ Indian contact Mr. Abraham John, House of Travels, Tel: 24315538 /48 MOB: 99057643/9629488 Fax No. 2431 5589 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Add: Farwaniya – Dajeej Block 1, Building 81, Alalamia Complex Office No. 12, near Immigration & General Traffic Department, Farwaniya.
Approach Dr. Ali A. Ali or Dr. Ramji of Sabah Hospital (Mortuary) to obtain appointment for sealing of coffin box. Dr. Ali will issue three slips (i) for Farwaniya mortuary or where the body is kept for transfer of dead body to Sabah Hospital (ii) for in-charge of coffin box (iii) for Indian Embassy, Kuwait.
Approach the Embassy with the doctor’s slip along with a copy of airway bill.
After sealing the coffin box doctor will issue embalming certificate in Arabic, which is to be translated into English and hand over to the concerned representative of the airlines.
To approach three hours before the flight time to Sabah Hospital, reception for requisition of ambulance and release of coffin box.
(b) Death certificate, duly attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Kuwait, with 2 copies
(c) Translation of death certificate with 2 copies
(d) Police report with 2 copies (in case of accidental death).
Air India has a rich mix of wide and narrow body aircrafts ranging from Boeing 747, Dreamliners, Airbus 320 to smaller CRJ-700 aircrafts. It has a wide network flying to 31 international and 59 domestic destinations over 4 continents. It connects many more destinations through code-share arrangements with various airlines.
LIC (international) BSC(c) is a subsidiary of LIC of India, a corporation established through an act of Gov. of India. LIC(International) started its activities in Kuwait in the year 1996 through its chief agent M/S.Warba Insurance Co.SAK, later in the year 2006, expanded by opening the marketing office of M/S.Warba Insurance Co.SAK, at Fahaheel.
Jet Airways, is India’s premier international airline and was founded in 1993. Over the years Jet Airways has constantly endeavoured to give the world a world-class airline and has been recognised and honoured constantly for this.
The Oriental Insurance Company Limited is one of the 4 Public Sectors (Government) Insurance Company’s of India, one of the four giants in Insurance World of India. Since, 1947 Oriental is underwriting a large number of risks starting from cattle to space, through its more than 1000 Offices in India.
New India Assurance Co Ltd, is a 100 % Govt of India owned multinational General Insurance Company operating in 27 countries and headquartered at Mumbai, India. Our global business crossed Rs.16000 Cr.
TCIL, a prime engineering and consultancy company, is a wholly owned Government of India Public Sector Enterprise under the administrative control of the Department of Telecommunications (DOT), Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, Government of India.