Procedure for Registration of Marriage in the Embassy
in case a ceremony of marriage has been performed
between the parties in Kuwait.
(Registration of Marriages Celebrated in Other Forms)
- Both the individuals are required to submit an application addressed to the Marriage Officer, Embassy of India, Kuwait, requesting for registration of their marriage, along with a copy of their passport, ceremony of marriage and civil identity card, and 4 photographs (each). The application should include the facts that
1. To collect a copy of “NOTICE’ from the Embassy”, for publication in a local news paper and an Indian newspaper (published in their place of permanent resident) ;
. To publish the Notice in the same format in a newspapers, in Kuwait, in India, (in the place of their permanent residence) and in third country, in case one of the party is a foreign national (in his/her country of permanent residence), as the case may be.
To submit one copy of the notice, published in the newspapers, in the Embassy;
To approach the marriage officer, to fix the date and time for the registration of the marriage;
The marriage can be registered after 30 days from the date of last publication of the notice in the newspapers;
On the day of registration of marriage, both the parties are required to be present with their passport and three Indian nationals, as witnesses to the registration of their marriage, with a copy of their passport and civil identity card;
They are required to pay the requisite consular fee.
- a ceremony of marriage has been performed between the parties and they are living together as husband and wife ever since;
- neither party has at the time of registration more than one living spouse;
- neither party is idiot or a lunatic at the time of registration;
- the parties have completed the age of twenty one years at the time of registration;
- the parties are not within the degrees of prohibited relationship
- the parties are residing within the jurisdiction of the Marriage Officer (i.e. Kuwait)